Monday, April 23, 2012

Do you have a favourite beer?

I have to get better at publishing posts on this blog. So, that's what I'm trying to do today.
I want to show you some of what I did in Copenhagen this Easter. Denmark is one of the worlds biggest exporters of beer, and there is no doubt that the danish loves their beer. And so do I. Denmark is mostly known for Carlsberg and Tuborg, but that's not really of any interest to me. Because Denmark is so much more the those boring mass produced pilsners and light lagers.
Denmark has many different micro breweries, and some of the best beers in the world. My two favourites it Mikkeller and Evil Twin(which is actually run by the twin brother of one of the founders of Mikkeller). For my boyfriend visiting Mikkeller bar was without a doubt the highlight of the trip to Copenhagen. And I think the same goes for me. Not only is the venue really cool, and the bartenders really nice. They also have really really good beer. Besides having many of their own brews both on tap and bottle, they also had beer from different breweries all over the world, including Nøgne Ø from Norway. The thing I loved most about Mikkeller bar was that the beer was served in 2dl glasses, which made it possible to taste many different beers without getting disgustingly drunk. Having the beer in smaller glasses, in stead of gigantic mugs, also makes it look better and it just enhances the feeling and experience of the beer.

But we didn't just drink beer. We also went shopping for beer. The reason for that is that you don't have that good a selection of beer in Norway, and its usually much more expencive as well. I really would suggest to all to try and experience different styles of beer. There is so many different styles and tastes out there. And I can promise you that you'll find something you like!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers